September 3, 2018 6:34 am
Pork Belly is one of those dishes that you can’t go wrong with! Sink your teeth into our Pork Belly recipe for instant chef status.
½ kg Lynca Meats pork belly, cut into cubes
½ cup cooking wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 slices of ginger
1 tbsp sugar
2 star anise
- Mix cooking wine, soy sauce and dark soy sauce in a bowl and put aside.
- Pan fry the pork belly on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in the sugar, add the ginger and star anise and continue to fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add water to just cover meat. Lower heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and continue braising for about an hour.
- Turn to the heat up high, remove the lid and let liquid evaporate and thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!