September 3, 2018 6:33 am
This hearty German dish is a classic that’s bound to satisfy even the hungriest of humans! Fill up on tender pork packed full of flavour, with our Eisbein recipe.
Lynca Meats pickled shank
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 bay leaf
Water to cover the shank
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pot add your water, carrots, onion, celery, bayleaf and pork shank.
- Bring all ingredient to the boil until your shank is soft.
- Take out shank and pat dry .
- Score the skin of shanks and rub salt and olive oil generously all over.
- Place the shanks under a hot grill and let the skin crisp up to form crackling.
- Remove once skin is crispy and golden brown.