June 7, 2019 6:32 am
You can’t go wrong with pie – especially when it’s Pork and Mushroom Pie. This family favourite is always a winner. Tuck in.
750g Lynca Meats pork loin, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp plain flour
100ml chicken stock
100ml double cream
Zest of 1 lemon
½ tsp thyme
1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft. Add garlic and thyme and fry for a few minutes. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Add remaining olive oil to the pan and brown the pork. Add to the dish.
- Melt butter in the pan and cook mushrooms until softened. Add into the dish and mix in flour.
- In a bowl, mix chicken stock with cream and lemon zest.
- Unroll pastry and place on top of the dish. Brush with milk and bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.