June 7, 2019 6:34 am
Store bought marinade is no competition for this homemade Pork Chop Braai Marinade.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 bay leaf
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste
1 cup water
½ cup brown sugar
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the cumin and mustard seeds. Cook until seeds start to pop.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, cayenne pepper and the bay leaf.
- Pour in the water, lower the heat and cover pot and simmer until reduced.
- Add the brown sugar to the tomatoes. Cook on a high heat for about 3 min or until dissolved.
- Cool and use as a marinade when cooking pork chops.