June 7, 2019 6:43 am
This Stuffed Pork Fillet is juicy, tender and bursting with flavour. What more could you want?
1 Lynca Meats pork fillet
4 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
500g fresh spinach
250g feta cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
3 tbsp Italian seasoning
1½ cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken broth
Twine to wrap
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes or until they soften. Add the spinach and sauté until wilted down. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cut through pork fillet lengthwise and pound each side until about ½cm thick.
- Place the spinach and onion mixture over tenderloin and top with the feta cheese. Roll tenderloin from the long side, and tie with string so it holds its shape.
- Sprinkle the outside with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in an ovenproof dish over medium-high heat. Add tenderloin and sear on all sides for about 5 minutes in total.
- Place the skillet in oven and roast for about 35 – 40 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Use the same skillet and place back over medium heat, adding wine and broth. Boil until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Remove strings from the pork and cut into slices.
- Spoon the sauce over the pork and enjoy!